The Top 10 Differences Between a Manager and a Leader
- A manager administers.
A leader innovates.
- A manager is a copy.
A leader is an original.
- A manager maintains.
A leader develops.
- A manager focuses on systems and structure.
A leader focuses on people.
- A manager relies on control.
A leader inspires trust.
- A manager has a short-range view.
A leader has a long-range perspective.
- A manager asks how and when.
A leader asks what and why.
- A manager has his eye on the bottom line.
A leader has his eye on the horizon.
- A manager imitates. A manager accepts the status quo.
A leader originates. A leader challenges the status quo.
- A manager is the classic good soldier. A manager does things right.
A leader is his or her own person. A leader does the right things.